Help emerging permanent carbon removal technologies scale by allocating a fraction of your revenue to Climate Commitments in the Dashboard. Stripe puts these contributions toward projects that remove carbon dioxide (CO2) from the atmosphere to help those projects scale. We select various projects with the help of scientific expert reviewers and use a transparent application process. Following the common pattern of a portfolio approach, some projects might deliver results, and others might fail. To make carbon neutral or net zero claims, use Climate Orders.
Manage and understand your commitment
You can manage your contribution percentage and monitor impact in the Dashboard. Stripe Climate Commitments also sends you regular updates with details about your contribution.
Enable Climate Commitments for Connect
You can enable Climate Commitments for your platform, without affecting accounts on your platform, in your Dashboard. If you take an application fee from your connected accounts, you’ll see this reflected in your percentage-based contributions. For destination charges, we apply the percentage-based contribution to the charge minus the transferred amount. For separate charges and transfers, we apply the percentage-based contribution to the entire charge amount.
For Standard accounts:
- You can allow new Standard account users to enable Climate contributions during onboarding with the Climate setting in the Dashboard. This contributes a portion of their revenue towards carbon removal.
- Existing Standard accounts can log into their Dashboard to independently enable Climate Commitments. Doing so won’t affect your platform. To inform your Standard connected accounts about Climate Commitments, you can share this direct link to the Climate section of their Dashboard: https://dashboard.stripe.com/get-started/climate.
Promote your commitment
You can demonstrate and explain your commitment to users by doing the following:
- Use the Climate badge
- Use reference language from the Stripe Climate page
- Direct them to our initial carbon removal purchases blog post
- Direct them to your Stripe-hosted custom webpage
The Climate badge is only available on Stripe Checkout, Invoices, or Receipts. If you use a different product, you can download our badge asset kit to add the Climate logo to your site. The badge asset kit is available for download from your Climate page. However, all Climate Commitments users can publish a free, custom climate page in a few clicks. This is also available from the same Climate page.